Sunday, March 25, 2012

Welcome to A Library of our Own!

Hi,

I'd like to take a moment to welcome you to our blog "A Library of our Own".  This blog belongs to myself, Debbie, and my two young children, G and E.  I've always been an avid reader and have been working hard at sharing this love with these two sweet young souls.  I have been fairly successful in this, slightly more so with G, who started reading on his own at 3 1/2 (yes, I'm bragging!), than with E.  I blame this on the fact that G, 4 1/2 years old, is slightly older than E, 3 years old, and hence he tends to pick books to read that don't always hold E's attention.  G will be starting kindergarten next year and E will then have her pick of books.  Though don't get me wrong, E loves to read along with us and especially likes a little private reading session.

I have a wide range of tastes when it comes to reading, and since this blog also belongs to my children you can count on seeing a little bit of everything on here.  In general I will post individual book reviews for those books which I read, and as for right now, we will have a  round-up of the books which G and E have been reading in a feature called "The G&E Chronicles".  In this feature you will get to see  opinions of the books from both the adult and child point of view.

Once again I welcome you and hope that you will be able to find something here to interest you.  If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact me, or G and E for that matter.  We look forward to sharing this journey with you.

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

No comments:

Post a Comment